TOTALS 3 Release Notes
"Good news everyone!"
- Hubert J. Farnsworth
It's been nearly 2 years in the making for this next big update: we are extremely excited to finally release the third version of TOTALS. Not only will this be a major update in every way, but it's also the first in a long line of updates, with plans to bring you loads of new, amazing features and enhancements.
Along with the new, long-expected features - as listed below - the UI has been completely revised to be much sexier, more intuitive, and less complicated. We think you'll really enjoy it.
- Define your own credit and debit document types.
- Separate taxable and non-taxable clients.
- Enter quantities as multiplication like cm x cm = cm2.
- Setup price rules for items to serve different client conditions automatically.
- Attach external files to your documents, projects, clients, and inventory items.
- Create smart folders with filters, to focus instantly on the relevant.
- Maintain customer relations, now - better - by setting up smart folders for clients.
- Generate descriptive reports: it's as easy as listing the content of smart folders.
- Take full control of your payments by distinguishing between incoming and outgoing payments.
- Merge multiple documents into one document.
- Create templates for frequently used line item combinations.
- Use placeholders in headers and footers also, now: make your workflow more dynamic.
- Display specific payment condition texts based on the invoice's preferred payment type.
- Customize line items by using custom fields.
- Experience the overall improvements in the user interface.
- Configure Totals more easily through the new settings view.
- Link related documents with each other and follow up the history of your entries.
- Browse through your records faster by using the new built-in navigation.
- Calculate more precisely by controlling price rounding thresholds.
- Design layouts in place without leaving the current context and opening the layout designer.
- Handle down-payments and overdue payments easier in the improved client payments section.
TOTALS 3 does NOT modify TOTALS 2 files. You will have to import TOTALS 2 files to TOTALS 3. Your TOTALS 2 database will remain safe.Spanish, Japanese and French translations will be available soon.
How do I upgrade to TOTALS 3?To keep you on the cutting edge, we prepared a special upgrade path.
Users who purchased TOTALS 2 from our online store after 31th May, 2014 are eligible for a free upgrade. All other users can still enjoy the discounted price.
Enter you current serial number on the Upgrade Page and get either a discounted price or a free serial number.
Since Apple's AppStore does not offer an upgrade program, users who purchased TOTALS from the AppStore can not participate in this upgrade program. Instead, we will offer a discounted introduction price once it is available on the AppStore.
EDIT: AppStore users can now switch to our website version for free.